Yellowstone Season 2 continued airing on CBS on Sunday night (Nov. 5), with episodes 2 and 3 bringing more Dutton family drama and two powerful new enemies into the mix.
Episode 2 is titled “New Beginnings,” and it opens with John Dutton (Kevin Costner) beginning to recover after the medical emergency that ended Episode 1.
Highlights of the episode include:
- Beth (Kelly Reilly) begins to buy up the land around the ranch to protect it from development.
- Monica (Kelsey Asbille) starts to build a new life for her and Tate (Brecken Merrill) that does not include Kayce (Luke Grimes), but a chance encounter stirs unresolved emotions for both of them.
- John proposes a new role for Kayce on the ranch, which pushes Rip (Cole Hauser) into a lesser role.
- Rip comes to blows with both Walker (Ryan Bingham) and Kayce.
Episode 3 of Yellowstone‘s Season 2 is titled “The Reek of Desperation,” and it opens with Kayce clearly uncomfortable in his new role overseeing the ranch.
- Jamie (Wes Bentley) struggles with his campaign as he finds out John and Beth have enlisted someone to run against him, and he has a difficult decision to make when Chairman Rainwater (Gil Birmingham) offers to fund his campaign.
- Rainwater and Dan Jenkins (Danny Huston) sign the deal for their new development, but a new problem emerges in the form of two formidable new enemies. The Beck Brothers hold a lot of concentrated power in Montana, and they pledge to oppose Jenkins’ plans unless he reneges on his deal with Rainwater and goes into business with them.
- Jimmy (Jefferson White) runs afoul of some guys he knew from his drug days, leading to a confrontation.
- Kayce and Monica take the first tentative step toward reconciling.
- John continues to struggle with balancing the family business with his difficult relationships with his children.
Yellowstone Season 2 will continue to air on CBS every Sunday night through the end of the season. Paramount has announced that the second half of Season 5 will begin airing in November of 2024, and the network has also announced two new shows in the Yellowstone franchise, 1944 and 2024.
PICTURES: See Inside Kevin Costner’s Spectacular Colorado Ranch
Yellowstone star Kevin Costner lives the ranch life when he’s off the set of the hit show, too. The Oscar-winning actor owns a 160-acre ranch in Aspen, Colo., that’s a spectacular getaway, complete with a main residence, a lake house and a river house.
The luxury retreat also features a baseball field, a sledding hill, an ice rink, multiple hot tubs and views of the Continental Divide. The ranch property comfortably sleeps 27 people, and it’s currently available to rent for 36,000 a night.
Gallery Credit: Sterling Whitaker